A nursing mother’s greatest preoccupation is to provide loving care for her baby. In the past, giving such care was invariably without social cost. Many nursing mothers were housewives. They spent long periods of quality time with their babies, assisted by members of the extended family. Babies then, had the luxury of being breast fed until they were completely weaned!
The same “timeless” devotion to babies by their nursing mothers is conspicuously missing in the experiences of the modern day nursing mother. Today, she is a career woman; a business woman; a clergy; or found in other sensitive roles that require her commitment to the attainment of stated goals
These economic, social and other demands on the modern day nursing mother make it impossible for her to spend longer periods caring for her baby. Just three months after delivery, she is expected to resume her role as before. She, like a lot others, cannot find the right kind of care she desires for her baby. The use of house helps, though not her best option, became the choice. These house helps are not trained to care for babies; besides, most of them are illiterate, and so do not comprehend the need for special care especially where hygiene is concerned.
The results of the use of these house helps have been the spate of cases of diarrhoea, malnutrition, disease infections, and in isolated cases death of babies.
It is in response to these challenges faced by working nursing mothers that The BabyNest was established in 2005.
To become an Early Childhood Development and Care Service provider of Choice in Ghana.
We are totally committed to providing a first class early childhood development and care services for children aged 3 months to 5 years in a hygienic, secure and baby friendly environment that promotes awesome early learning experiences. We aim to achieve excellence through a set of core values that are shared by our well-trained, dedicated and motivated staff.
- To become one of the best and renowned crèches in the city of Accra
- To produce very intelligent, smart and well-behaved children
- To free up working mothers to concentrate on their career and professional roles
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain well qualified nursery teachers
OUR CORE VALUES
To fulfil our Vision, we commit to:
- Exemplifying our tag line “Tender Loving Care”
- Respecting the Rights of the child and those of their Parents.
- Nurturing our children in life-changing, positive virtues.
- Provoking the creative abilities in our children
- Ensuring Service Excellence through continuous training of staff and building esprit de corps.
STATEMENT OF HEALTH SAFETY AND SECURITY
We, the Directors and Management of The BabyNest pledge our commitment to the health, safety and security of all babies while they are inside our facilities under the agreed terms, fully discharged by the parent(s) concerned. We further assure all that within our control there will be zero fatality and baby theft inside our facility.